View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 01:53 PM   #12
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
How low are you lowered? When I had the 275/40's on my fronts on the 10 wide wheels, I had a rubbing issue on the drivers side, it would hit whenever I hit a decent dip on the road, of a deep rain gutter on a turn off road on a right turn, it would cut the tire at the outer tread block. I went to a 285/35 and never had that issues again, and I'm currently running them on my 10.5 wide wheels and no issues. I'm lowered 1.25 on Pfadt springs.
To be honest, I am not 100% sure how low i went compared to stock. I went from stock, to Eibach, and then switched to the BCRacing coilovers. I installed them out of the box from phastek.

I had the same issue you mentioned, rubbing and cutting of the driver side tire. I switched back to a 245 and never had the issue again. Ashen and I blame it on the chips. Gotta stop eating those damn chips. If i road coursed/ auto-x the car... I would have tried harder to keep the 275 front tire. I just street drive my car, so the narrower tire suits me fine. I might look into buying larger tires in the front, the next time I need new tires. Trying to be very budget conscious right now. Money is tight.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote