View Single Post
Old 04-25-2024, 02:19 AM   #7
Vicster

Drives: 13' ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
As the title says, I have no idea what these are, or do. I ask because I am nearly done piecing together everything needed for my ZL1 front bumper conversion (5th gen style, not 6th gen).

I already have pretty much everything else for the conversion, some of it not necessary, but I really wanted the complete look. I have the complete basic kit...bumper, fog lights and bezels, brackets, ZL1 grill (might still use my Heritage grill), splitter, and bolt and plastic rivets kits, etc... I also bought ZL1 wheel well liners and decided to splurge on the ridiculously expensive OEM front ZL1 splash shields ($240, really??), which arrived today. I know a lot of the is not needed and optional. Not sure which direction I am going with the hood yet.

But for the life of me, I can't figure out what these things are for or do. I am guessing they are part of the brake duct setup and maybe attached to the wheel well liners? All the diagrams I find are are the parts explosion diagram type, which makes it hard to visualize. I may also post this in the ZL1 forums, but that place is a ghost town. Thanks guys!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265621496410
Hello,

These 2 pieces are the inner fender close outs from the frame to the front sub-frame inboard of the front struts. They are installed with push pins.
They keep road debris kicked up by the tires from entering the engine bay.
Attached Images

Vicster is offline   Reply With Quote