View Single Post
Old 05-08-2024, 04:39 AM   #12
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
It might just be that mufflers of that size, might be too quiet for you. I have a Borla Touring catback, and Speed Engineering 1-7/8 headers (with off-road connection pipes). The 2.5" catback, with a non-resonated x-pipe, is loud enough for my taste. Anything smaller for rear mufflers, and I might be considering glasspacks or resonators to be put in the mid pipes.

I'm currently about to get a second x-pipe welded into my mid pipes. I don't think it will change the sound or volume too much; but supposedly, it makes the tone a little deeper, and the volume might get a tiny bit quieter (somehow).

You said you have eBay long tubes, which are usually closer to having 1-3/4" primaries. It's not a huge difference IMO, whereas 2" long tubes would be louder than the typical 1-7/8" long tube piping size. I personally wish I had gotten 2" long tubes, but the fitment and potential "modifications" needed (lots of hammering), kinda put me off from getting them...

Also, you might be interested in customizing your exhaust, in a fashion similar to the Mach Solo catback design; which has an x-pipe mid muffler, to straight pipes. It's probably along the same setup, as having a non-resonated x-pipe in your mid pipes, and running decent fiberglass-packed rear mufflers/axleback. I'm still surprised that the 3" catback is actually too quiet for your taste... Usually, they drone a lot more than 2.5", and are somewhat hard to tame.
TheBrightSide is online now   Reply With Quote