View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 12:07 AM   #346
mightymoose_22

Drives: Totaled GTO :(
There is a pricing discrepancy on the Camaro that is going to come back and bite GM.
Anyone that has a car with the RS package and substituted the wheels for something other than the wheels in that package has overpaid by $500-600.
The cost of the RS wheels is factored into the cost of the total package, but when the wheels are substituted for the polished wheels or anything else, there is no credit given for removing the RS wheels.
In effect, customers are paying for two sets of wheels- those included in the RS package AND the wheels substituted in.
The invoice on these cars will show the total cost of the RS package with the wheels, lights, and roof rails PLUS an additional charge for the substituted wheels. Most certainly nobody drove away from the dealership with two sets of wheels though.

Example:
The RS package on the 2SS model is $1200 and includes the 20" midnight-silver finish wheels, HID lights, and the painted roof rails.
The 20" polished wheels are substituted for the midnight-silver ones, and an additional $470 is charged.
Total paid is $1670 for those options, however since the midnight-silver finish wheels are removed from the vehicle there should be a $500-600 credit applied to the invoice.

The dealerships I have spoken with acknowledge the discrepancy and blame GM, saying there is nothing they can do. I spoke with GM customer service at length and the result was a redirect to the dealer, suggesting that the problem be resolved between the dealer and the business center. As a customer I am caught in the middle of finger pointing.

The dealer does not want to give the credit to the customer because the dealer did not receive the credit from the factory. As a customer I do not want to pay for something I am not going to receive.

Anyone that has already made such a purchase should confront the dealer with the discrepancy and seek a credit for the wheels that were not received. If the dealer refuses then a very easy lawsuit in small claims will get the customer a judgment. The invoice shows that two sets of wheels were paid for, but only one received. Maybe if enough people start to speak up about this GM will adjust the pricing plan to account for this problem.
mightymoose_22 is offline   Reply With Quote