View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 11:57 AM   #1390
MadMav

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaRSSS View Post
Sorry, had some network issues here at the AFA (Air Force Academy..I'm a DoD contractor) yesterday so couldn't check this site. Thanks for the welcome! Haven't done much to the car other than puttin' on the Flowmaster 3" cat-back. Planning on some wheels maybe, the Heritage grille, blacking out the back panel and grille surround, definitely a Barton shifter and a big Cowl hood. The stock hood is just WAY too tiny! Be nice if it was functional, but one step at a time. Also, I will be replacing those annoying mega-bowties with some SS emblems. Did GM really have to make those bowties that friggin' LARGE??? We know it's a Chevy.
I've already talked to the local tuner here about the Vortec upgrade that includes a full warranty, but not sure I wanna drop 8K just to have it "down-tuned" to 500hp in order to meet the warranty requirements. Any thoughts??
If your talking about RMCR, they do top notch work. If you go with the Vortec, don't worry about a warranty. RMCR stands by there work. If something happens to your motor after the charger install, RMCR will take care of you.

Just had them tune my SS Tuesday, and more mods to come soon.

Mav