View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #9
Rollin Thunder

Drives: 07 yukon xl, 07 vette, 10 SRT8
I love onstar, I remember I was on a road trip driving from Va beach to kankakee IL, me and a buddy were just talking, were about an hour outside of kankakee, and if anybody around there knows the area its mostly country roads. Were headed to Bradly and on a dark country road, my buddy looks at me and says "whats that light" I say "probably some farmer burning leaves" he says "at this hour" (it was about 3 a.m.) then we get a bit closer and realize its an uncontrolled fire, So we speed up to about 90 thinking its a crop fire, we get closer and realise its a car fire and there were two people trapped. We pull up, my buddy is EMT and jumps out to help them, Gets them out and we put them in the yukon where they can cool off, Neither one of us from the area have any idea where in the sam hell we are, so I push the red cross and in 2 minuets am connected. She has our location in seconds and knew all the right questions to ask the victims, and with in 5 minuets help arrives. But in 2 minutes the vehicle fire went from the engine, to the passenger compartment, and the Local EMT told us that if we had not showed up and got them out, they probably would either have sever burns, or died due to the extreme heat. What had happened is the guy was driving and a drunk driver (who sadly got away) hit them and they span out of control and the drunk jumped out of his car and ran in to a field.
Rollin Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote