View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #100
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Keep in mind IF it's located in Texas or Kansas there will likely be double the attendance there was this year. Or maybe even more; so planning has to take into account the impact that many cars and people will have on the local area. Enough lodging? Gas stations? Street access? Parking? etc.

I live fairly close to the California Speedway and I can tell you when there's a big event it hammers everything for miles around. It's hard to get around town because of traffic, roads get "redirected" by the local police, long lines at gas stations, restaurants, etc. if you can even find a parking space.

So for an event of this magnitude the access into and out of (near a major highway) and the impact 1,000 vehicles suddenly arriving will have. I saw the pictures people posted of the incredibly long line of cars to get to the track that day; double that number of cars if the event is pulling from both coasts. It's not just going across country but how the roads are situated; after looking at the map Heartland Park in Kansas looks like it has good location for the two interstate arteries coming from both northern and southern California. Looks good coming from the north, south and east too. That actually looks like a pretty good location access-wise as long as the area can handle the traffic.

Lots to consider but getting started now is the smart thing.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM