View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #40
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
It took me a while to start typing this...

I'm a bit overwhelmed for many reasons, but mostly because or your gratitude.

You are all so very welcome.

When we started this I had a bunch of people tell me that running an event like this is a thankless job....

I need to link them to this thread to prove otherwise.

I do need to be clear that if the mods and the volunteers hadn't been willing to give up their time enjoying the fest to help me out, you all would have had a much different experience at the fest... Half the time the staff would just grab me and tell me that they handled a problem or would ask me for some input and I was able to focus on what I was doing while everyone else was gettin it done.

I couldn't have made this work if it had not been for the staff taking care of the details I couldn't get to. And that is the truth.

From Track employees, to GM, to staff/volunteers, to SCCA, to sponsors/vendors, to hotel staff and to the members themselves. I met some of the very best this community and industry has to offer.

Even with the complications, and the mistakes, I can't help but look back on this and admit, that if we had to do it again next week.... I'd be the first in line.

I am only a small part of the broader success. Without all of you, I would have been the only guy standing by myself in the middle of SGMP's parking lot waiting for my phone to ring.... Instead I was able to see something very special take place and my phone eventually just melted to my ear...

Again, from the bottom of my heart, you are all Very Welcome and Thank You for your appreciation.

This truly is the best enthusiast community.... ever...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote