View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #26
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
thats why donations are in quotes. its more like an investment. if i had the money i would do it in a heartbeat. my dad on the other hand doesn't think its worth it.
Doesn't matter it's not an investment, it's basically a donation. It's as if you were making a donation to a charity, local church, food bank, museum. You can write it off (I believe, but I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on it) and that's it.

If the museum was a corporation then it's a different story. In that case you can say since I'm making an investment I will buy out some of your shares. So essentially you are buying up shares, and depending on certain things such as how much the company is worth, how much potential for growth exists, etc. you can have the choice of buying as many shares as you want. When you buy the shares you become a co-owner and will never be forced out of ownership unless you sell your portion of the corporation as in your shares. Since at that point you are a co-owner you can have unparalleled access to such things as the track, etc. Unfortunately, the museum is probably not set up as a corporation
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote