View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 10:45 AM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Are you rebuilding your engine or anything? I just wonder how it's going to take that 150-shot.

I think the catback will get you about 10 RWHP, depending on style of headers, another 10-20, CAI will get you about 10+15, heads (who knows? You don't provide any information), tune (again, it will depend on the match between your heads and cam), and nitrous will probably get you close to 400 - 450 FWHP. It's going to depend a lot on how well you match your components. FWIW, I'd try to go with a set that's matched to running nitrous too. You might think about what you're going to do with your clutch and 10-bolt too. Unless you just put a high-power clutch in there, you'll probably toast it and as soon as you start to hook, that 10-bolt is going to go boom. You could throw a girdle on the 10-bolt to help it out, but you really need to keep an eye on that thing. Manual cars are very hard on these and adding the shock spraying will add will only lessen the life of it.
I like that advice. Never include forced induction without making sure your engine can handle it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote