View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 08:24 PM   #9
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Ok....what he is saying, and what I am asking as well...we have SIRIUS accounts..GM states they have XM offered in the camaro. Now my friends who have XM accounts do not get ALL of the same channels I have on sirius, even WITH the "best of" package

so the question he is asking is do we have to create a complete separate account, pay YET ANOTHER 120+ yearly.... Those are not sirius receivers on the camaro, will that receiver be able to pick up a sirius account, I have heard it will not....and that is a load of horse s--- if that is the case.
I'm with you man, but I think GM didn't have a choice. They had to fulfill their end of the contract with XM befor they merged. Although I would think that by the time the camaro is made, the merger should be far enough along that they could put a reciever in it that would pick up either side. Maybe GM should have offered it as an option for those who special ordered. Looks like I'll still be stuck with a stand alone reciever on the dash. I really thought I could do away with that with a new car.

From my understanding, the only way to get sirius on the XM is to switch to XM ands pay another $6 on top of that to get the best of (Howard Stern and such). Sorry, but what's the point of listening to 80's music if it's not hosted by the original MTV VJ's (as it is on Sirius).
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote