View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #41
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourgui View Post
I understand people's passion for V8s, but in truth, the real reasons seem to be nostalgia (i.e. that's what a muscle car is supposed to be), or the sound.

It's time to move on though, like all things, engines change and evolve - -otherwise we'd all be racing our carts around and travelling with steam-powered trains or boats!

Heck, look at the Porsche concept - they actually announced this week it will indeed be produced - the 918 I think it is: 3.2 s 0-60, and 3L/100km. Now, it will obviously be a while until this kind of performance hits the production level of our Camaros, but it's the way forward. Not to mention the sooner they start working on it, the sooner it'll happen!

My 2 cents...
IMVHO, What is the point of haveing a Twin turbo V6 in the vette in comparison to a D.I. version of the LS3??? The TTV6 won't weigh any lighter, It would probaly have less HP. (Jay leno concept TTV6 camaro only had 425hp.) Also fuel economy would largely be the same, since the Gen V v8 will have better fuel economy than the Gen IV which already makes 26mpg hwy. It actualy seems to me the real reason some people want a TTV6 in the Vette is because of nostalgia against OHV V8s. Because the benifits of a TTv6 over the Chevy small block are virtualy NON-EXISTANT!! IMVHO.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote