View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Who lost the bowtie off their Heritage grill?

I heard someone talking Saturday at the BBK meet that they lost the bowtie off their Heritage grill. Who was it? If you are the one or you are thinking about getting a heritage grill and aren't thrilled with the possibility of having to clip/hook your bowtie to the front of your new grill for fear that it might fall off, there is a solution.

I did a photo shoot yesterday for my buddies shop in Rancho Cucamonga that will be in the October issue of Muscle Car Tech and Drive Magizines. For those of you that have seen the door sill plates, liscense plate cover, bowties and the older version of gill covers that were on my car (they have been replaced with the latest version) it was his shop that makes them.

I remembered hearing the story from Saturday where someone lost their bowtie and ran it over. I knew he was working on one for the Heritage grill but wasn't sure if it was finished so I didn't say anything. Well, since I know for sure that it is finished, I can say, there is an option out now if you want either a pollished billet or black powder coated billet bowtie for your Heritage grill that doesn't have the cheap hooks that scratch the slats or just plain dont hold on to it.

Unfortunately, I do not have the picks of the Heritage specific bowtie, but insted of having two posts that plug into the factory location, his has four posts that reach the back of the grill slats and come with an actuall plate that bolts up to the back of the slats making a nice tight seal and will not come off unless you take it off. Plus it is easy as hell to put on if you remove the black plate where the hood latch is.

He is offering 20% off his retail prices for anyone on Camaro5 (he was sick and couldn't make it to the BBK Event) that calls in an order on ANY of his parts. You can see them on his website, and you can get his number from there as well.

As for the gill covers, the ones that were on my car looked like they were lifting on the top part of the body from the curve of the panels. Well, that has been fixed on the latest version (3.0 I think ) They lay completely flat, are super thin and hold like a bear.