Thread: Better Handling
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 11:00 PM   #12
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Rough ride and great handling in a Camaro do NOT belong in the same sentence. The architecture of the ZETA II Camaro allows for race car handling with a great quality of ride. Where you want to start is with the foundational bushes on your Camaro. Sub-frame and radius bush inserts. These allow you to keep the OE bushes and fill the voids with Pedders street friendly urethane.

EVERYONE has video to show you a stable sub-frame. You don't need braces or solid mounts for street use. Inserts or bushes will do the job and NOT CHANGE the ride quality or stress your sub-frame.

As for bars and other upgrades, start with THE BOOK on 5th Gen Suspension. It will take you through the complete story of ZETA going back years to the Commodore in Australia.

Last but not least, you should know that Pedders has documented the performance of our ZETA and ZETA II range for years. We were the fastest 5th Gen at the Optima Challenge, we ran faster lap times than any of the Pro Touring Cars at Gingerman and are FASTER than a CTS-V race car. Everybody talks about performance, but Pedders documents it in video and with the press. Anyone that wants to prove their product is better than Pedders can go to Spring Mountain and run faster than 1.50.2 or Gingerman and best a 1.33.6.

On the drag strip you can see what Lingenfelter has done with Pedders Supercar Coilovers. Lingenfelter removed brand-x and gained 3/10s in the sixty foot breaking into the 8s.

Sorry to drone on, but I am passionate about this. I love the 5th Gen Camaro and think the Chevrolet engineers did a brilliant job with it. What we do is what they can't do because they are restricted by target price points and bean counters. We like to think Pedders bits are exactly what they would use if they had the budget. In fact, GM did use Pedders on their Indy and NASCAR Pacecars. They also used Pedders on Jay Leno's Camaro. Check under the hood of a GM owned Camaro and you will probably find Pedders on it. The most important thing I can tell you about GM and Pedders is that all the cars I just mentioned were not only on Pedders, but GM bought and paid for the Pedders bits. Maybe that is why Pedders parts are available through your Chevrolet Dealer and GMPP?

Tell us how you drive and we will help you do what you want with only the parts you need.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote