View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 08:58 PM   #21
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
you want a tranny horror story?

I have had my car since the first several months of production, and supposedy i was told the problem was a batch problem affecting on certain production numbers. I started experiencing the grind problem around 10-12k miles. every so often i would go to shift and it would be a bad grind, mostly on 1-2, but sometimes from 2-3. Over time they kept getting worse, and when i went to leave work one day i got in the car and my clutch had completely sunk in to the floor board and wasnt releasing on its own. I ended up having to pull the clutch up to get it to reset and work.

After that i took it to the garage where it sat for about a month and a half, awaiting parts, apparently because the only way to get the clutch assembely(they claimed bolts had failed on the clutch/pressure plate causing catastrophic failure due to not being torqued correctly during assembeley)...i kept getting strung along, being told it would be fixed in a few days only to find out it wasnt ready, and eventually we got in contact with a family friend who has ties pretty high in gm, and they manage to pull an assembly from the line and ship it to my dealer..once they got the part it was ready in hours...

since this all i have put roughly another 10k miles on her and she hasnt not given me a single hint of a grind or failure..
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote