View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:34 AM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
A 300 hp V6 + 75kW electric motor = 400 hp and between 500-600 lb-ft of torque. And the torque of the electric is at its max at the lowest rpm range, droping off as it gets faster. As far as handling, the batteries can be aranged to provide perfect weight distribution. It will wieght the car down by about 400 lbs based on looking at the pruis vs other small cars. But by doubling the torque it will more than make up for a bit of heft. That will hurt it in the turns, unless the electric motor drives the front wheels directly rather than the drive shaft going ot the rear. All in all, a performance hybrid could turn out well for the Camaro. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it, but it is possible and would beat the hell out of a prius in the quarter!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote