View Single Post
Old 05-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #122
thePill
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 Mustang GT Premium
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyj9h View Post
very true cost vs. mass has been a prob gm has battle with alot and it looks like they dont have a choice and are rushing everything till 2016
I hope I don't get in trouble for saying this but, this is something Ford has learned to do that will make it possible to still share a chassis but not be overwhelmed by sedan requirements from a brother company (or cousin company). Ford dumped a lot of money into the Shelby Cobra/GR-1 chassis about 4 or 5 years ago. It was based on the Ford GT and will most definitely underpin the new Ford GT. Ford will hash out a sports coupe from the chassis that will be the Mustang III, although, it will look nothing like its big brothers. It seems once Cadillac gets involved, their requested requirements start increasing the weight. Caddy doesn't have to worry about weight, but the Camaro does... It's better to start with a chassis that underpins a 2200lb sports car and make it a 3400lb sport coupe that start with a 4200lb sedan and try to make it a 3400lb sports coupe... I say, cut the Caddy out but that isn't going to happen. Looks like the 5th Gen will be around for awhile afterall...
thePill is offline   Reply With Quote