View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #41
reedster20

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyk-NO View Post
UPDATE May 11.2011

So the CEL, Engine power Reduced and Service Stabilitrak had been temporarily fixed by me replugging the spark plugs. The car will reset and get rid of the CEL after a couple of miles and then awhile ago,the worst thing happened.

All of the codes came back and had kept prompting more that it used to.The car started to shut off on me without even making any sound even while CRUISING!
It died down on me twice when I was on the HIGHWAY!
I don't feel safe driving in this car anymore. This is some SERIOUS RELIABILITY issue right here.

I love the car but if this keeps going on I'll rather trade it in. I only had the car for almost a year on the 20th actually and I even stored it during the winter. Well I just got off from the phone with the service department and I asked them to tow my car to get it serviced. Currently waiting for the tow company to arrive as of the moment.
I am having some very similar issues with my 2010. Mine has 12500 miles.

When i was driving down the interstate this past weekend the check engine light came on and the service stabilitrak light came on along with the icons for trac. control and stability control. The engine was running horribly and felt like it was misfiring really bad. I couldn't even maintain 70 mph.

Long story short i limped it to my destination and was checking all of the electrical connections under the hood. While i had the engine running, i wiggled the wiring harness running to the ECM and fuse box. If i positioned the harness just right the engine would run just fine, but as soon as i moved it a little bit more, the engine would start misfiring and shaking horribly.

I was able to keep it positioned to run good so i could make it back home that afternoon.

Now today, i go out to start the car so i can take it to the dealer and it doesnt start! So i pop the hoop and adjust the harness and it starts but runs like crap. I then adjust the harness back so it runs good again.

I finally made it to the dealership and was told they can check it tomorrow and get back to me. Maybe you should try messing with that part of the harness on your car and see if has any effect.
reedster20 is offline   Reply With Quote