Thread: Zaino or Adams
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 07:10 AM   #14
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Here is my .02 cents worth.

IF your car is or is not a daily driver a daily driver then you must decide what you want you paint to look like. If you want a swirls free and pretty flawless paint then you will need to correct it first and then PROTECT it and do proper maintenance on the paint. By this I mean how you wash and take care of your paint.

To get a great shine you must have a foundation for the shine, Clay, Remove imperfections ( Swirls and scratches) , Polish , then wax it to protect the shine you get from polishing. Once that is acheived then you have to maintain it by proper cleaning or proper cleaning technique. Junkman has a great video explaining how to wash and maintain your finish. ( 2 bucket wash)

IF you get the paint is non swirl and scratch condition then pretty much most product will keep it protected, BUT you have to get it to that state and maintain it by washing it correctly, them you will be fine.

If you do not want to spend a bunch of time correcting the paint and keeping it maintained, and don't mind swirls then your best bet would be to OTC things cause it really won't matter and be cheaper on your wallet.

BUT if you want a great shine, Clay your car, remove all the swirls and scratches, then POLISH it ( this is where the shine comes from) lastly wax it to protect the shine.

I have used Zaino before and I personally did not like it and now I use Adam's for a couple of reasons.

1. They have great customer support and service. If you have ANY questions you can Always contact their staff and they will answer any question. Dylan is on here all the time and easy to find.

2. They have a forum to go to and learn from. A lot of nice people, no flaming going on and everyone is so willing to help each other out.

3. Adam's puts on FREE detailing clinics. Just show up and learn, use their products and learn.

4. They push American made products.

5. The 110% Lifetime guarantee. Real Simple if you don't like it they give 110% of your monet back. No questions asked.

These are the reasons I use Adams. I will say this though no matter what product you use if you learn to use it correctly then you can achieve the results you want, Adams just made it simple for me to learn, use and maintain my finish. JMHO
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote