View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
GoldenBear
Bear Backer

Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I'm pretty much thinking I'm going to one of our Sponsors that's back East. I think I'm going to trailer it back home completely protected. Because the train ride won't be nearly as long as I suspect it would be as a result of this, I don't think there's going to be much rail contamination in the paint.
Why not order your ZL1 from a sponsor and have the vehicle shipped directly from Oshawa to a local dealer in the Sacramento area with a courtesy delivery? The courtesy delivery will definitively be less expensive than using an enclosed carrier to have it shipped to Sacramento from Michigan, and you will most likely have the car at home sooner with the courtesy delivery.

If I can't find a reasonable dealer in the Bay Area, I'm going to order my ZL1 from one of the sponsor dealerships and have it shipped directly to a local dealer via courtesy delivery.

Chevrolet has a uniform destination charge, regardless of the actual final destination, therefore, the destination charge is the same whether the vehicle is shipped to Michigan or San Diego.
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline   Reply With Quote