View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #16
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
It's a pretty serious function. I really don't understand why anyone would want or even be willing to bypass it.

I guess I've never had a problem with my net, because I've never retracted it. The only time you're supposed to retract it is if the top is up and you want to load items in there that would interfere with the top.

I just know if I ever bypassed it, I'd end up crushing something important in my trunk, or more likely, ruining my top and paying for the repair out of pocket, since there's no way it would be covered under warranty.

Anyway, your cars, your decisions. =) Kuddos to the OP for figuring out a solution he likes.
The only things that have ever been in my trunk are groceries, a really nice canopy lawn chair that I take to car shows/meets and a couple of suitcases. All of those things I could not load/unload in the trunk without having to retract the net, load/unload the items and then put the net back. They all fit under the net and its just annoying to have to use that net all the time, just in case I want to drop the top.

Honestly it's a nanny sensor that I can do without, like the skip shift.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote