View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Quote:
Originally Posted by A62010SS View Post
The VMax is definitely a proven piece for sure by all of the threads here. The Powder Pro does look awesone on the outside and it is polished nicely inside. But I did ask them some specific questions a while ago about performance and comparisons and all I got was short answers, a bit of a run around and then was told I was "busting their balls" with all of my questions. So for me it would be a VMax as they and most of their dealers are good to deal with.
Absolutely +1 on this. The guy is an ass with a short tolerance for answering questions. I continued to seek clarifications on things after I had paid and as soon as the item was shipped I never got another response after multiple attempts and phone calls. Funny how that works.

As far as the powder pro product is concerned, not sure you're getting a brand new TB even if that's what you ordered. Other than PAYING for a new one, I'm not sure it matters since I don't think there's ever been a case of one failing that anyone on here can remember.

Comparing your two options, I personally think the powder pro hand ported and polished is the better option because it ports and polishes both in front and behind the blades (removal during porting as well). Additionally, just about everyone who has done VMAX either didn't notice a different or could barely tell. When I installed my hand ported it was a NIGHT AND DAY difference. Not just butt or seat dyno, but a clear as day difference in performance for me.

Doesn't sound like there is a wrong answer here. Just depends on what type of product YOU want and how much YOU want to pay for it. Both products in the end are proven. And how important is customer service to you? I can say the service from the VMAX vendors have ALL been responsive to my questions to them about the products and processes.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote