View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #30
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
so your saying you would get this rather than a brand new ZL1?

If the ZL1 sells for $45k for $5k more than this S/C SS you get a car thats as fast as this S/C SS but brand new never been used and with warranty.

This S/C SS is a ticking time bomb IMO (no offense op) because the stock LS engine internals is not built for boost. anytime this car could go boom and your left to fix the car out of your pocket cuz it doesn't have a warranty. unlike the ZL1 if it blows up you have warranty. but if your willing to pay and take the risk if the motor blows up. then go ahead.

If this S/C SS is built like your car its a different story.

also if the car is putting down 604whp hows that 700hp at the crank?? isn't the difference of FWHP and WHP is only 50-60 hp?

OP I'm not h8ting on your thread I'm just curious.

Good luck on your sale!
The guy is asking $40k. A ZL1 will run you about $55K out the door (people who think a ZL1 will be less than mid 50s out the door have another thing coming). Given the choice i would much rather buy this car and have an extra $15K in my pocket. Warranties are for chumps. I voided my warranty the first month I had my car. The ZL1 won't have forged internals just like the LS3. To me the ZL1 is not worth the $$$. I would rather build my own car that will out perform in for thousands less.

700 hp minus the 14% drivetrain loss for a manual is 602 rwhp. You need to do more research on how dynos work if you think every car has a difference of 50-60 hp from flywheel to rear wheel.

I would be VERY surprised if the ZL1 dynos close to 500 rwhp. This car already has 100 RWHP over that!
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote