View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #40
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Totally agree but the power level of 560 crank HP of the LSa does not really need to be forged to hold up..And the pully will not be interchangable or for that matter even removeable so the ZL1 folks will be bummed when they find they are still slower than a stock Vette running just the ls3.

I cant tell you how much I learned about the insides of a ls3 in the last year but can certainly say that CR must be lowered and forged internals along with fuel delivery are some of the very basic components to building a blown engine

To keep on topic and to support the OP and his asking price. Clearly his price is right in line with where it should be. Will internals need to be done? yes but thats why his price is where it is. Heck for all intents and purposes its a brand new car right off the showroom and has 9K in upgrades. Which is a great start to a full on build. It seems like some expect something for nothing or for him to sell for the price of a stock SS.. That is totally crazy. Talwell is one of the good guys and this car has been totally babied since day one. And comparisons to ZL1 is even crazier. For far less money you could add the effects, hood, new paint and throw a complete pfadt suspension under it and have 230 more RWHP so please dont talk like the ZL1 is such a better deal...it is not. And until you have the chance to drive a Camaro with over 600 RWHP you might as well be comparing the V6 to the SS because the Zl1 and this car will be as vastly different.
Thanks for the kind words - only thing is that it is not $9k in work for free, it is $15k for free. I bought the best of everything - the Stainless Works exhaust alone is just shy of $3k. Speed Inc. made sure we did everything right. This is just not a stock 2SS with a TVS2300 dropped on it, I have done the entire valvetrain, cam, exhaust, induction and fuel system.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote