View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 12:56 AM   #1485
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well....I'll be ready to meet tomorrow night. ...after work, of course. But, my AND THE CAR will be there.

And as far as the problem?

All I can say is....sometimes, the littlest things can seem so damn big. And, quite frankly, I'm embarrassed as all hell. Why? Because when I put it up on the jack stands, I saw the problem right off the bat. I mean, I went right to it...almost like I KNEW what it was. But, for some reason, I refused to believe that something SO damn small could have caused THAT much vibration and shuddering. Good freaking Lord...

I just bought myself one of the biggest :facepalms: ever.

but on the other hand, I will say that I had approx 5 min to put it up on stands, look at it, try to fix it, and then make a decision on whether to tow it or not.

I did what I thought was right...but had I held out one day (until after I got home from work), I would have fixed it on my own. Oh well, live and learn.

One GOOD thing that came out of this.... I had a vibration at 80mph to 90mph possibly due to the front end radius bushes. GONE. i don't know what they did. But, they did something. No more vibrations....which means I might not have tightened down the bolts enough. I don't know. but, it's PERFECT now.

So, there's the update.

Still looking into the Focals, JL, and other goodies. Might not be for a month or two, but I DO think it's going to happen.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote