View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 06:02 AM   #45
jtmiller92

Drives: 2011 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Bro' (OP) don't let people raz you. What good is a warranty if the vendor doesn't honour it or "won't" resolve the issues?

The warranty on these Camaro's isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

It's better to spend a few dollars and get what you "expect" than to waste your precious life and time jerking around with GM's perhistoric monkeys living in a bubble.

The Camaro was GM's opportunity to showcase to the world they learned from their previous screw up's but instead they took die hard muscle car lovers for granted and won't fix or resolve any of the issues with the clutch, engine, tranny, paint, body warping, suspension, drivetrain, et al. But, instead spend their time marketing a new version of a busted car. Most people use the Camaro as a grocery getter or a daily driver to work so don't know any better, but for those of us that know how to drive and enjoy aggressive driving in a so called muscle car, knows everything on this vehicle breaks if you drive it hard or doesn't perform as it should (case and point can't shift into 2nd. at high RPM's). Think of itl I don't care how much a vehicle costs, what the hell is the point of a muscle car that won't shift into a gear at high RPM?
GM has known about this issue, there are numerous reported incidents, and even special groups on Facebook complaining about it along with the clutch issue for several years and still GM has done absolutely nothing to resolve it. Yet there are some people yaping on your thread about warranty or lack of warranty to those of us that take actoion to use our hard earned dollars to resolve an issue that shouldn't exist in the first place. These guys have no brains in their heads.

Let the GM poster boys, buy purple fluid and then when their trannys get smoked, or clutch fries when they decide to burn the tires a bit in front of their friends, they'll bring them back to GM who will review their useless warranty papers and laugh or worse replace it with the same garbage that was in it before. I have friends that had clutch repaired 4 times before it was taken care of properly.

Glad to hear you had your tranny worked on, enjoy it at 5-6k RPM were real drivers want to be. Sorry, for the rant but I get pissed when people who bought their $30k Camaro, drive it like girls and talk trash about something they know nothing about the issue or wanna' be GM poster boys for the sake of brand / country loyalty.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I finally told my dealer not to worry about the trans issues. I was tired of dealing with it and would just send it out to RPM transmissions this winter.