View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 03:16 PM   #528
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
RX Catch Can problems

This isn't actually the catch can's fault. I'm sure its working perfectly, but when I tried to empty it yesterday (which would be after ~500 miles) nothing came out. So I shot Tracy (SC2150) a PM asking for his help. Well I gave him a call today and he figured it out in about 5 minutes. And NO, the problem is not due to user error nor anything related to that. Tracy said that more than likely the lack of oil in the catch can was due to the passenger side valley cover being clogged. He said he has seen a two or three other LS3's where the passenger valley cover was clogged/blocked from Oshawa. Anyway, I rerouted the catch can so that the inlet is coming from the driver side valley cover. I'll be checking in a few hundred miles to see if there's anything in the can.

The little black thing that looks like a cap is, well the cap for the drivers side valley cover.

My set up. I know it's not very pretty, but I only bought 4 feet of transmission fluid line from Auto Zone. Didn't have much to work with. I tucked the hose under stuff and made it look a little better after the picture. I mean the engine cover goes on still. *Though I am considering getting rid of it and getting valve covers*