View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 04:01 AM   #14
eolson
eolson

Drives: 2006 premium Package Mustang GT cou
The Nurburgring lap time says it all. For an American Muscle car coupe at this curb weight, it doesn't get any better than this. No way. The next gen would have to alter the chassis and design to go smaller and lighter to improve on this IMO. Sure they can up the power a bit, but that's going to alter the cars over all performance balance and harmony. The Nurburgring video clearly demonstrate that the power, handling and braking of this car is right on the money IMO.

I had my car up to 575 HP(507rwhp) and since I have done a good deal of weight loss as well as my power, handling and brake mods, my car handles extremely well at 3460lbs or so, but the power was too much, because no matter what, my car was not engineered and tested to have the 3 factors in harmony. The ZL1 obviously does. I'm hoping the 2013 GT500 also has stripped down and redesigned it's balance. We will see. Erik
2006 Prem Pkg Mustang GT coupe. Saleen SC,10psi, 454rwhp,442rwtq, Complete Steeda/H&R, suspension change out, with weight loss, Techco Watts link, Stoptech big brakes, Race clutch, Alum. flywheel, Alum 1 pc driveshaft, 9x18,10x18 chrome bullit wheels, 285/40/18,255/45/18 nitto 555 tires. 3545 lbs currently. New car scent air freshener.
eolson is offline   Reply With Quote