View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #12
Madness11
086YN

Drives: Black 2SS/RS Demon of Madness
Save your money and buy a set of short tube headers if you want sound or long tube headers if you want sound and power. You will also want high flow cats to prevent a CEL from coming on. With shorties you might not need to tune, but do not quote me. On the other hand if you use long tube headers and do not tune you will leave a noticeable amount of power on the table. The man to ask would be Ted Jannetty. I started out with axle back exhaust. SLP loudmouths. I thought it sounded pretty good as it was. I started looking to do a cam swap and was redirected to doing headers to flow properly when I was ready for a cam swap. I ended up doing the headers and the sound is perfect. I have headers and high flow cats into stock pipes and resonator into the axle back 3 inch exhaust. Can I make more power if I redo the whole exhaust? Probably, but am I? No. I am too cheap and I like the way it sounds now. I will eventually do a cam though. Save the money and do the headers of your choice and high flow cats and you will love the way it sounds I guarantee it.
Madness11 is offline   Reply With Quote