View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Buck Heard

Drives: 2012 Victory Red 1SS/RS
Engine oil low - Add oil warning...

Today on my 2012 SS with 1200 miles I get in the car after picking up some stuff at Walmart. I crank the car and immediately get this message on the DIC saying "engine oil low - add oil". It was about 5:30pm and the closest dealer had already closed for the day. I checked the oil and the dipstick said I was only a pint low. It was at the middle dot in the crosshatched area. I called onstar to see if anything was showing up out of the ordinary and they said the car should be safe to drive but should have a dealer look at it. They also asked me few other questions like did the car give me any other warnings (which I responded with no) and if I noticed any puddles of oil (no again). Also any weird sounds. (nothing again). Again they said I should see a dealer about the car possibly needing an early oil change. I was like at 1200 miles??? Anyway I decided to stop off at Advanced Auto and get some Mobil 1 5w-30 and adding some to the engine to get the warning message to go away. So I did that and the dang message will not go away. I called onstar again and they had me try the reset method of turning the key to the on position and tapping the accellerator 3 times in 5 seconds but that failed to remove the message. I have checked the oil like 10 times since I got home and it shows full but the message remains. My plan is to do what onstar recommended and take it first thing at 7am to the dealer and get my first albeit premature oil change. Anyone have any advise or experience with this problem?
Buck Heard is offline   Reply With Quote