Thread: #7755 is home!
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Drives: '10 Black 2LT Camaro
Thanks for all of the positive feedback.

I teach people to fly for a living. I'm not very mechanically inclined. I'm certainly not a gear head. But I HAD to have this car. LOVE this car. After driving a couple of Mazda products for my last couple of cars GM has welcomed me back with open arms and I'll never leave again!

My first car in highschool was an '83 Z28. My first brand spanking new vehicle I purchased/financed from the ground up was my '99 Camaro. And now after a brief flirtation with the dark side....I'm BACK.

As my fiancee was unavailable to experience the delivery pickup at the dealer yesterday afternoon, my folks dropped me off in her place. My dad remarked that he was watching my facial reaction when the car drove up and that my breath appeared to be taken away. He was right. The black appears even sexier in person than I had dared hoped.

After an agonzing period of pomp and circumstance with obligatory dealer photo op moments and the requisite "I'm sure you know more than I do about the features but let's go over them anyway," I was on my way home. I was sooooo ready just to be on the road and away from the hectic DC Beltway rush hour. Plenty of time for us to become acquainted with one another later.

Let's be honest--it didn't take long for her to seduce me with her good looks and personality. It really is a rock star experience with the gawkers and their thumbs up and horn blowing. Understand I'm pretty much a reserved, fly under the radar kind of a guy. This car simply does not permit that sort of behavior.

I loved the ride and the handling. There seem to be so many subjective schools of thought on break-in periods so I think I plan on falling somewhere in between, which is to say...baby her a tad for the first 500 or so then it's ON.

The V6 seems particularly peppy and she wants to go. She's begging me to go. As I had sold my Mazda 3 a few weeks back in anticipation of this happy moment I had been borrowing an old '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee. #7755 feels so light in comparison. She just sort of glides over the road while hugging each hairpin turn. And how about the ambient lighting at night?? LOVED it and could car less it didn't go across the dash. It would have been too distracting anyways.

In any event...it appears to be a slow day at work today. No flying due to the Prez delivering his commencment address at the Naval Academy and that works out just fine for me. Plenty of time to read up on the manual...program in my phone book in the bluetooth etc. I had an issue with my bluetooth disconnecting from my car while listenting to the ipod so it'll give me time to sort thru that issue. It didn't repeat itself this morning so it was probably user error. Ha.

Thanks for indulging my ramblings. Congrats to all that have experienced the euphoria. G'luck to all of those awaiting their own experience. It's sooooo going to be worth the wait!

P.S. For those keeping track and interested in the order history by way of comparison: I preordered from Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring, Maryland on 10/13/08 going to 1100 the next day. I believe it was 3/21/09 that I went to 3000. 4/18/09 3300. I don't recall 3400. On cinco da mayo #7755, a 3800 lb beautiful black 2lt automatic baby girl came into the world, shipping two days later. Two weeks later #7755 is home!
wooav8tor is offline   Reply With Quote