View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 04:05 PM   #1
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Hit the garage with my Z28

So, I live here in Denver and anyone that has looked at the news in the past month knows that we have been hit with a bit of snow, to put it lightly. Well we had some melting a couple of weeks ago and the street sweepers came through so I couldn't resist and I took the Camaro to work. When I got home I went to put the Camaro in the garage but the driveway had iced over and it's a slight incline.

I put down some salt and chipped away the ice and snow for half an hour. I tried to go in again but got stuck. Spent the next hour shoveling out the car and clearing the rest of the drive but it still wouldn't make it in. So I popped the hatch and tossed in an 80lbs punching bag and a 40lbs tent. Well that gave me the weight I needed and I proceeded to back the car in when I hit something. Well I got out to see what I ran over and it wasn't that at all but the hatch hit the top of the garage F***@%% up my one month old SS spoiler. The old Z28 spoiler had enough clearance but the extra 3 inches on the SS didn't make it. I went and got 7 estimates and the cheapest one was @ $280.00. I paid $225.00 for it and the Wifey had it painted for an early Christmas present. Anyone know what I can do to NOT spend another $250.00+ on the same spoiler????

Ohh and also just two weeks prior to this I hit a rock in the road and blew out the oil pan! I had just gotten it back from my insurance place.
Attached Images

Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote