Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfidelSpartan View Post
So here is whats been happening.

I have a 2011 SIM 2LT/RS. Delivery date 9/10/11, miles on car 500~

Summary of visits

6/1/12 to 6/4/12 - Duration 4 days
Reason - Water leak in passenger compartment
Solution - replace part for ac compressor (no details given RO is no help)

6/25/12 to 7/3/12 - Duration 8 days
Reason - Water leak in passenger compartment, TPW light on (LF tire shows 29 PSI)
Solution - placed under water for several days, no leak. Patched tire due to nail (Not fixed until 6/29/12 when tire was at 19 psi) **Gotta love onstar**

Hand washed car on 7/4/12 and noticed a nick in my LF rim near the lug nut, and rust like spots in the paint on the RR "Hips" above the tire. Also noticed water in door jam during car wash. Took back to dealership.....

7/9/12 to 7/13/12 - Duration 4 days
Reason - Found water in door jam of passenger door (Same location) when washing car.
Explained paint issue - Response "We have to have our GM Rep take a look at that when they come"
Explained nick in rim - Response "We dont have any tools in that area during a tire patching that would do that"
Explained I am only getting 15.7MPG on a A6 - Response "we will look into that"
Explained I found the leak - Response "great! We will put it under water and recreate it also!" 10 minutes later "We cant find it.... show us"
30 seconds later "Oh yeah, it is leaking there.... thats not normal"
**Note - this is all during the drop off on 7/9/12**
Solutions - Nick - NOTHING
Paint - Waiting on GM Rep to make their rounds to this dealership.
MPG - Cleaned out throttle body
Leak - Placed order for new door seal ***BACK ORDER***

Picked up my car completely dissatisfied and wondering if I will ever have a car that does not leak and is free from issues.

So what do you all think? Should I file a lemon law claim or wait it out and see?? I only have 5,850 miles on the car at this point. it sits in my garage when I am not at work.
If you ask my wife I baby my car and take better care of it then I do anything else to include her and our kids.

Attached is a video of the water entering the car during a light rain, as you can see the ground is barely even wet.

http://youtu.be/03IboXKJbmw
I apologize for the inconveniences you are experiencing with your Camaro. Would you happen to have a case number so I can look into it?

I look forward to your correspondence.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service