Thread: Halo 4
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 07:02 PM   #26
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Meh. Video Games just get worse and worse. Too many damn bells and whistles, not enough focus on what matters.

I am a super-mega-ultra Halo nerd. I trained with MLG players while Halo 2 was out. Made my way through college winning tournaments. "Congrats! Here is your xbox!". Off to e-bay. Repeat.

The games have gotten progressively worse.

Halo CE = Flawless. Multiplayer map/weapon balance was perfect.
Halo 2 = Not too shabby. First foray into online gaming, however hacking doomed it. Maps were great, weapons could have used some work.
Halo 3 = wtf is this crap. Maps were terrible, they were either mirrored, wanna-be Hang 'Em highs, or 'storm-the-base' nonsense. Stupid shields and mods detract from the main purpose.
ODST = Didn't even waste my time.
Halo Reach = Some steps in the right direction, but many of Halo 3 failings were still present.

And now that Bungie has washed their hands of the series and it's completely in the hands of greedy Microsoft - I see the downward spiral continuing.

Honestly, they need to get back to basics. A multiplayer with balanced weapons and maps on a good network with a solid ranking system is all I have ever wanted, and I believe is all the game needs. Bring back the competitive flair that Halo 1 and 2 had. Not a fan of all the co-op dungeons and dragons nonsense.

... But I know I'll still give Halo 4 a shot.
Honestly I'd play it just for the continuation of the story. I've read all the books and such, love the entire Halo universe that they built.