View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #144
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
That is an insult to the G5 Camaro, and further more, to any Generation Camaro. That is a joke and I'm embarrased for Chevy and Camaro owners. Its not possible to make a nationwide car that has true Camaro lines, so it purely an attempt to force a square peg in a round hole - without any regard for insulting the beauty of the G5 Camaro. Can you imagine what the designers must feel like seeing that hunk of ugly?

Sorry to be so negative for those of you who like this situation. Good for you and enjoy. But to me this is truly disappointing and a step BACKWARDS for Chevrolet Racing, NOT forward. And there is no logical reason otherwise. The only reason Chevy did this was because they thought they could make more money with the Camaro. They think using the high selling Camaro name, and trying to make it look like a camaro will sell them more cars. But again, the body specs and regulations are very strict in NASCAR so they don;t mind thrashing a great body style and trying to get stickers to make it look better if it means they can sell more cars. I think it will backfire, but.... oh forget it Ill stop rambling. Its a lost cause. Thumbs down on Chevy. Forget it...
I stopped watching NASCAR races in the late 90's when it became apparent that corporate greed had taken over! These cars are as far from being "stock" cars as you can get! They are all cookie cutter cars and impossible to tell apart from each brand except for the name on the front! I think the Nationwide Camaro is FUGGLY! Hopefully it will look better in person but those press release pics are terrible! We all have different tastes so to those who like it I don't mean to offend but this is my opinion!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote