View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #9
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agostino13 View Post
They said they could not fix the problem under warranty because of aftermarket suspension and over sized wheels. I have to go back in tomorrow to speak to the manager cause when I went to pick it up neither the manager or my usual service guy where there.
They said nothing about pedders.
They need to tell you what "caused" the failure. Just because it has aftermarket parts doesn't automatically mean there is no warranty. What they do is put a block on the warranty, meaning any claim will have to be approved by GM. To then get a claim approved, they would need to diagnose what is wrong with the car and what caused the problem. If the aftermarket parts did cause the problem, they can legitimately not cover it under warranty. If the aftermarket parts did not cause the problem, they then request approval from GM to repair under warranty.

Ask them those two questions. What did you diagnose as the cause of the failure, and did you contact GM for approval if it was not caused by the aftermarket parts?

There is a bulletin that explains the whole process, sounds like they may need to read it again. You don't just completely deny warranty because of modifications, the process is to block automatic warranty payments, but then get approval for repairs that are diagnosed as warranty.

Last edited by Russell James; 08-06-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote