View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #4270
cid067

Drives: Black 1SS/RS LS3 M6 "The Toy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertHarriSS View Post
Hey cid,
I'm in Cruces and planning on doing the 3.91 gears swap too. The price you got from Team Automotive sounds pretty good and I'm inclined to use a shop that has experience in doing this on camaros. I've got a few questions if you don't mind. Did you have to supply the install kit? Did you have your diff bushing swapped out too? Have you noticed any gear whine? How long did the install take?

Thanks
Robert
It was 598 for the install he charged me 75 to change out the bushings but said he gave me a great deal as it was a pain in the a$$ to do the bushings so he might charge a little more for that now not sure. I supplied the install kit for it. Had a little whine to it the first day drove it to work and back 240 miles then took it to the track and after the track there was not whine to it.
Total install time was 2 days but had to replace a diff bearing so had to wait a day for that to come in so it was a 1 day install.

If you have anymore questions please let me know.

The guy Wes was recommended by Amador Paint and Body.