View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #107
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Just take one example...torque wins races. If that was all there was to it them my truck (420 ft-lb) could keep up with a LS3 equipped SS Camaro. The overall point is these are just a bunch of generalizations and pat sayings that don't really mean anything. The number of cylinders just doesn't mean much anymore. If it did, we'd all be screaming for V16s. Displacement doesn't trump technology, or the SS would destroy the 5.0.
I never said displacement trumps technology. I said you can't replace it. Sure, a new V6 makes the same hp as a 10 year old LS1 V8 due to tech. But let's not forget that although the new V6 makes more hp than an LS1, the LS1 makes about 60 more ft lbs of torque. And an 02 SS will run a low 13. Heck, there are LS1 engines out there making around 500 RWHP N/A with very streetable combinations. I only mentioned the LS1 as an example. Compare the new V6 to the LS3 and give them both the same technology and the LS3 will make more power...due to the size advantage.

As far as the SS vs the Coyote. The Coyote is a lighter car with numerically higher rear gear ratios. And even at that it still runs a 13 flat just like the SS. Make the Camaro the same weight and give it 3.73s and see what happens. Just throwing that out there.

You can't just totally dismiss engine size and those 2 extra cylinders. For example, the 6.2 can make well over 600 RWHP with just 10 lbs of boost. If you think the extra displacement and cylinders have nothing to do with that then I don't know what else to say...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote