View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #109
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsdayjesus081 View Post
Here is my take on this and yes I chose to buy a v8. I will never understand why people don't respect each other. The thing people seem to glaze over is the fact that the v6 crowd is doing a great service for the hotrod community in general. The current overhead valve v8 engine design will not be around forever. There will be a shift toward a direct injection v8 similar to the v6 soon, quite possibly as soon as the sixth gen camaro rolls out. The v6 community generating a demand for mods and tuning solutions will make it easier for people to mod the new cars as opposed to having to wait years for the aftermarket to catch up. Also at the end of the day we all own gm cars which can all be modded. We don't have any bs like what chrysler is now doing in new cars. If you didn't know 2011 and on chryslers have revolving code in the ecu and can't be tuned for mods because of this. The only way to tune these is to swap in an older ecu that will not control all functions of the car properly. This naysayer bs is not just to v6 vs. v8 though, it pops up for manual vs. automatic transmission, and quite honestly anytime somebody asks questions about getting to 1000hp or higher. Bottom line v6's are up to 500hp as most recent as I have seen and v8's are up to well over 1500hp. I don't think this is the end either, I think these numbers will continue to go up as long as there is a demand and a desire.
So basically Chrysler is trying to kill the aftermarket and the hobby of modding cars. If that's the case then they should just stop making performance vehicles all together. Hot rodding and modifying cars is what made these cars popular in the first place. And it's a part of American heritage. What's next? Is Chrysler gonna stop recognizing the 4th of July...??
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote