View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:32 AM   #52
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
What exactly is the point of "allocations"?

Whatever it is, it doesn't sound very "customer-friendly" if it enters into discussions of availability before you get to where you're putting your order down on paper.

I've recently received letters from one of the local Chevy dealerships inviting me to trade my Mustang in on a new Chevy. At least one of those letters clearly noted that this will somehow help their 2013 allocations, and they're dangling a significant-sounding financial carrot to get me to get on board with it.

Relevant to this thread specifically, let's just say that with a year working there as a shuttle driver and parts chaser I saw a few things most people don't and heard a few things after I left that would discourage me from going there specifically.

Norm
On limited cars allocations allow dealers with more sales get more of the limited cars, such as the ZL1. The more cars they sell the more allocations they will get next time around. That keeps a dealer that only sells a few cars a month from ordering 20 ZL1s and because of limited production it may keep a dealer that sells 1000 cars a month from getting any.