View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #53
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkupa10 View Post
So he went to one bad dealership and decides to not get the car he wants because of them? This guy sounds like an idiot, probably the real reason he bought a Ford.
This happened to me as well. I actually put a deposit down on the ZL1 back in 2009 when the car was rumored to be the Z28(then the HP). I was assured that I'd be the first even after speaking with the manager. Got everything in writing and they cashed the check. Two years later....."If your not willing to pay a mark up....here's your refund."

Basically told me that what I had in writing was for a Z28 and not the ZL1 even though they knew at the time the name wasnt concrete. I ended up with a Ford Shelby GT500 instead. For some of us its not worth the aggravation and effort to have to go out and search for a car. Isn't that what a dealership is for? Then you spend more time and money trying to obtain a vehicle that you havent seen, driven, or know when you will even get. This is the same crap that I had to go through to preorder the SS; 12 different dealers to get my car. Back then I said NEVER again because the frustration, stress, lies, time and money just arent worth the trouble. If your going to spend all that time and money trying to get someone to sell you a car why not go ahead and pay the mark up?

Dont get me wrong I'd still love to own the ZL1 but at this point its just "meh".

Being treated like an idiot is far worse than being called one.