View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #1
JPAYORK

Drives: 2007 Toyota FJ
New car flaws or poor workmanship?

Okay, before you all find me and throw bricks through my window, I have my Camaro on order and am NOT canceling my order.

I've been on here, reading several threads on this forum about issues and I'm just wondering, are these just first run issues, or poor workmanship. Leaky fuel lines, rocker panels not lining up, a pillar trim coming off, battery cable (yes, I know there's a recall), instrument clusters, computer controllers, vibrations at 1500 rpm, cars not starting up again. These are the ones I can recall off the top of my head.

I have a 2007 Toyota FJ that HAS fist run issues like fender bulges and inner fender apron cracking and some minor stuff, but the fit and finish was never an issue, a few minor mechanical things. I'm just curious if this is really a first run issue on the Camaro or if things are falling between the cracks (so to speak).

I'm sure some of you will call me names and bash my patriotism, but I am planning on selling my FJ and buying a Camaro, I'd just like one person to be kind and say that these issues are on a small sample. I don't want to spend this kind of money on a car I really love and want only for it to fit into that well known stigma of American cars. I have no issues with American vs. Japanese and believe that the Camaro is a great car for its purpose; I just don’t want to be scared to take it on a road trip because it might not start again.
JPAYORK is offline   Reply With Quote