View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
Doubleblank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2014 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by mySSt View Post
Fortunate to be there for the F1 race weekend as a spectator, but can't wait until they open it up to some track day events for us commoners! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE !!!

Mark at MVP has organized a track day for Feb 1 thru 3rd. Unfortunately, it filled up quickly. They are doing two Intermediate Groups and two Advanced groups. Lots of fast cars will be there as this will be the first opportunity for amateur hipo cars to get fast runs.

I was at COTA in October for the grand opening event with Mario Andretti. We brought our World Challenge Boss302R to represent Ford Racing and World Challenge at the event. They invited various cars from the different series that will be running there in 2013. We're there in May with the Australian V8 series. I had our driver take sponsors and guests out for hot laps in our car. I hitched a ride in the Gainsco Corvette Prototype for a hot lap (see picture of car). Wow. Running up hill at end of front straight and into a hard left turn will get your attention. Running 180 mph on the main straight will too.

The track is excellent and a great venue for spectators and racers alike.
Attached Images