View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #218
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomino View Post
Of course. legends are passed down.

I wasn't even a thought in 1969, but i'd like to say i am well aware of the Camaro's legendary heritage. I'll tell my Kids, and if they are enthusiasts as i am, they will tell there's and so on. that is how legends are passed down.

On top of that, GM intelligently uses the z/28's heritage to market the car. this will help others understand the history behind these cars as well.
Totally understandable! Just cause you tell your kids and I think it's great you do as I will tell mine, but that doesn't necessarily say that because you're passing it down means it'll continue being a legend. If chevy drops the camaro again and never resurfaces it? You're legend is dead. Back to my point: you're I'm sure old enough to know jimmy Hendrix right? Elvis right? They're legends. Ask your kids presuming they're teens or less and they may have heard of them, may have even listened to them, but they're more influenced with the ppl their own age and what they're growing up seeing or hearing which is not necessarily what we believe in. Crap music, computers in cars, no more concerts, just download this or download that. And muscle car status is just not one of them. Many kids today don't care a lick about history. Music, cars, ect. They find it boring because we lacked technology. We lived in the era where technology wasn't at the forefront just yet. Now if you don't have the latest and greatest to make yourself feel good? You're looked down upon as not getting with the program. Ppl today change everything except maybe their home like they do underwear. Correct me if I'm wrong! But I just don't see this car continuing to be that legendary in 20 yrs when they won't even have a camaro. It's sad but this seems more real than the hopes we have in our heads doesn't it?

Which is why GM brought it back. To capitalize on it. They're not stupid. The market was great for it. But that market is changing very quickly. It's make money now screw what they think approach. You capitalize on something when time is right and charge a premium because in today's society, if you market it well, ppl will line up on top of one another just to buy that wooden nickel they made out to be gold.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote