View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #222
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Let me help you out so you'll "know for certain".

A "real" racer is someone who takes their car out on a track and races it or drives for a team that races cars.

A "status symbol" driver is someone who's never been on a track and isn't going to drive on a racetrack, but they want to appear as though they do by driving around in a car that appears to be a "real" race car.

A "real" racer understands the value and cost of racing and generally doesn't complain about the price.

A "status symbol" driver is VERY price conscious and just wants the appearance without the cost.

Do you see a lot of people walking around dressed as doctors, wearing astronaut suits, dressed as police officers, dressed as pilots, dressed as golfers, carrying a music instrument like they're a musician who aren't any of those things? No? Exactly, so if using those as examples is how far you have to go to try and "make your point" then you don't have a point to make to begin with. "Less credible and presumably delusional" is more fitting to what you posted up which had absolutely nothing to do with auto racing.

I agree Doc but if you think the market for this type of car is for the "racer?" You're delusional. You see Doc, it's a VERY BIG sublimenal message (marketing scheme)being said here by GM. "This car is not for everyone." Which in turn makes more ppl want it. And not to mention more sold WILL BE status symbol cars.

Btw, is the Z/28 a race car or not since you're using the term racer? I ask because I was corrected for using such a term.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote