View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #211

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Well said, I think part of the problem in this thread has been both sides though. OP asked a question, and some of the very first responses I have highlighted were pretty negative and harsh. Basically the vibe I got from alot of posters here in this thread was "DONT CARE NOT BUILT FOR IT SO NO ONE SHOULD CARE WHAT IT DOES ON THE 1/4 AND SHOULD NEVER EVEN THINK OF TAKING IT TO THE DRAGSTRIP"

I agree 1/4 is not be all end all performance test but like others said, its gonna be tested in the 1/4, and there will be people who take it there. Maybe the OP just wanted to know if someone challenged him at a stoplight how the Z/28 would fare, or maybe he was just stirring up some conversation.

these are just some of the posts that came off to me as a bit aggressive, its not like the OP asked what it was gonna take to put it in the tens.

And I see where all the Z/28 purists / corner carver guys are coming from too. Yeah the Z/28 is not gonna be a monster on the 1/4 but thats because its going to devour pretty much any car on the race track because thats what this car was built for. That is where this car will excel.
For sure it's all about the track and whatnot...I get that...but to not take a 427 Camaro down the 1/4 mile?....Who could resist that?...lol...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote