View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #3
Would rather be riding
two_wheel_mayhem's Avatar
Drives: No car no more
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,751
Traded my '10 2LT RS in after 37 months, 9000 miles. Tried to sell it privately for a year and a half, no takers. Another winter was looming and more depreciation the trade was the best option. I decided to buy a cheap SS for reasons you probably could care less.

My advice? You will get your head ripped off if you don't go through the trouble of trying several different dealers. Be patient, I went to 4 dealers and got 4 different amounts. When to do this? Do you have a loan on this car? I would wait until the loan payoff is less than they offer you in trade.

This was almost the point of no return here, I was wondering if I was doing the right thing.
No dog in this fight anymore.
5th Gen owner 2009-2016.
two_wheel_mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote