View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black2LS View Post
You aren't kidding. I have a 2004 Liberty that I bought brand new. In the 9 years I've had it I never had to worry about the snow, and it's never had anything major wrong with it, but it's VERY thirsty. If it weren't paid off I'd unload it. If you think the Liberty is slow you should drive a Grand Cherokee. I can't speak for the newer ones, but when I was looking for an SUV back in 2003 I test drove a Grand Cherokee. I really liked it, but it was extremely slow. I couldn't even imagine myself trying to pass someone in it. That's what led me to the Liberty.
You just reminded me of the Liberty my wife was dying for, we found a good deal on one and sold her Cobalt that got 38mpg highway and 28 city and bought it. 6 months later the gas prices went from $2.50 a gallon to $4.00 a gallon in about 3 weeks. It was costing us 75 bucks a week in gas in that thing. When the gas dropped back down some we decided to get rid of it. We found a sucker to unload it on because he thought 20 MPG highway and 14 city was good.