View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #22
LSXaddict

Drives: 1ss in Blue Ray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
May have a few extra HP on paper but in truth the L99/A6 & LS3/M6's are very close to each other in performance. If you buy a manual, buy because you want a manual, and not because of the HP rating.

I'm probably looking at getting another IBM Camaro SS next year & letting my wife have our RJT Camaro A6 SS that we have now. I know I will be debating between going for my first ever M6 or sticking with an Auto the whole time especially if all I find are M6's at that time. I've always wanted to try a manual performance car, but fear that I couldn't handle the aspects of getting going on hills from a stop, and things like that since I've never driven a manual before in my life. I only guess it gets easier with experience though, I personally love to hear thoughts from others who have went from years upon years of only auto's to driving a manual and how that switch to driving a manual had went.
You won't have to worry about hills! Chevy took care of that on 13 and newer manuals by leaving your breaks applied until your clutch is nice and roasted and then it releases you from your brakes tight embrace. This magic is called Hill Start Assist or HSA.

@OP: Go for the manual. I commute in dense traffic every morning and don't regret the 6 speed one bit.