View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
Drives: 2010 camaro SS/RS
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: swaffham UK
Posts: 370
I think i will be fine, iv owned the Beetle since 2007..

You don’t pay VAT or duty on vehicles imported from outside the EU if you qualify for transfer of residence relief. To qualify you must meet these conditions:
  • you’re moving your normal home to the UK
  • your normal home was outside the EU for a continuous period of at least 12 months
  • you’ve owned and used the vehicle for at least 6 months outside the EU
  • you didn’t get the vehicle under a duty or tax-free scheme
  • you’re going to keep the vehicle for your personal use for at least 12 months
To get the relief, fill out form form C104A and give it to Customs when you enter the country.
scites is offline   Reply With Quote